Two days-long nomad horse-cart tour in Gyimes
We start from Csíkszentdomokos, go through the northern part of the Csík alps, reach the Békás – Nagyhagymás National Park and arrive to one of the „pearls” of Gyimes – to Háromkút. We do this tour with one or two carts and two or three saddle-horses (depending on the size of the group).
During this tour our guests can have a look at the everyday life of the local mountainers, they can experience the near-nature lifestyle of the shepherds and, in the evening, they can learn how to carve a shepherd’s crook and how to spin whips.
Important to know
- Duration of the tour: 2 riding days, one night
- Duration of the daily rides: 5-6 hours
- Meals: having a picnic for lunch, for breakfast and dinner: hot meals
- Accommodation: at a family in Gyimes
- Size of the group: minimum 3, maximum 10 persons
- Price of the tour: 220 euro/person, children get price reduction
- Baggage is carried with the carts
- This tour is for families or circle of friends whose members like wandering in the nature and would like to try out the adventurous near-nature life of mountainers.
Details of the programme
Meeting in Csíkszentdomokos, leaving for the Terkő mountain where we have a short lunchbreak. Terkő offers a splendid view of the Harghita, Hagymás and Csalhó mountains. After lunch we descend to Háromkút, to our accommodation. We take a short walk to a thermal spring bubbling up from the Nagyhagymás. Dinner is served by our landlady who makes delicious local dishes from local ingredients. Their bread is baked in their oven!
After a rich breakfast we start our way back to the village. On our way back we visit a sheepfold in Terkő, then climb on the Öcsém. From here we return to Csíkszentdomokos.
The price includes: accommodation, meals, horse, cart, guiding.
We can’t assure: spirits, health insurance.